Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » search records in form
search records in form [message #574951] Thu, 17 January 2013 01:15 Go to next message
laxminath
dear sir
i want to search records when i press next button.
suppose my form contain following item

H
A
B
C
A
D
A

i want to search 'A' when i press next button cursor should go on 'A' one by one

thanks & Regards
laxminath
Re: search records in form [message #574953 is a reply to message #574951] Thu, 17 January 2013 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question.

What button do you call "Next" button? Next what? Record? Block?

Saying that your form contains these items is just not true. You can't have 3 items whose names are "A" - item names should be unique. Therefore, I suppose that these are items' values. However: is that a multi-record block, or is it a form layout block with several items that contain these letters?

Saying that you want to search (for?) 'A': how do you know that you want to search for A (and not D, for example)?

I might be wrong, but the whole idea seems to be wrong. Presume that it is a multi-record data block. In that case, you should:
- enter query
- put A into an item
- execute query
and you'd get all records (that contain A in that item) that exist in the underlying table.
Re: search records in form [message #574954 is a reply to message #574953] Thu, 17 January 2013 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
laxminath
i m using stack canvas and my block containing these item ,you are right that item must be unique let me take one more example ..suppose
Item_code description
I001 BOX
I002 MACHINE
I003 BOX
I004 PLASTIC
I005 BOX
I006 CARBON
I007 IRON

NOW i want to search BOX when i press 'NEXT_BUTTON' in first press cursor should go item code I001 , in second press I003 , in third press I005 and likewise.
please help me
Re: search records in form [message #574955 is a reply to message #574954] Thu, 17 January 2013 02:04 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
a) Consider using built-in Forms functionalities (i.e. its querying mechanism)
b) Please, re-read what I said, sentence by sentence, and answer questions I asked.
Previous Topic: Problem when navigating with mouse cursor
Next Topic: Error not display
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 11:23:19 CDT 2024