Home » RDBMS Server » Networking and Gateways » Querying over DB link from 11gr2 to SQL Server 2008 (11gR2, dg4odbc, RHEL 6.8 64bit, Ms SQL Server 2008 32 bit)
Querying over DB link from 11gr2 to SQL Server 2008 [message #661980] Tue, 11 April 2017 00:14 Go to next message
ashraf_arkesh
I am trying to fetch data on to oracle from Sql Server over Db link.
querying on linux using isql returns all columns and rows.
but over Oracle Database Link it is connecting, but not returning all columns and rows.

i have tried both freeTDS and EasySoft Sql server drivers. both resulting same.

initSid.ora::
#############

##HS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO = DSN_MsSQL_5_100_ODBCfreTDS
HS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO = DSN_MsSQL_5_100_easy
#ODBC DSN
HS_FDS_TRACE_LEVEL = OFF
set ODBCINI = /etc/odbc.ini
HS_FDS_QUOTE_IDENTIFIER=FALSE
set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib64
HS_FDS_TRACE_LEVEL = 4
HS_FDS_SHAREABLE_NAME = /usr/lib64/libodbc.so
HS_FDS_SQLLEN_INTERPRETATION=32
HS_FDS_REPORT_REAL_AS_DOUBLE = TRUE
S_KEEP_REMOTE_COLUMN_SIZE = LOCAL
HS_NLS_LENGTH_SEMANTICS = CHAR
HS_RPC_FETCH_REBLOCKING = OFF
Re: Querying over DB link from 11gr2 to SQL Server 2008 [message #661998 is a reply to message #661980] Tue, 11 April 2017 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EdStevens
Which oracle transparent gateway are you using? You should be using either the OTG for ODBC or the OTG for SQL Server.
I'd want to see
1 - the ddl for your db link
2 - the tnsnames.ora located in the ORACLE_HOME of the database with the db link.
And that's just for starters.
for background, see http://edstevensdba.com/oracle-heterogeneous-communication/oracle-transparent-gateway/
Re: Querying over DB link from 11gr2 to SQL Server 2008 [message #662058 is a reply to message #661998] Sat, 15 April 2017 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashraf_arkesh
i have tried with EasySoft's MS SQLServer ODBC Driver and FreeTDS.. bothe resulting the same..

is there any drivers available for OTG to work in this case..

Could you pls share where from i can download OTG Drivers..
Re: Querying over DB link from 11gr2 to SQL Server 2008 [message #662059 is a reply to message #662058] Sun, 16 April 2017 16:52 Go to previous message
EdStevens
ashraf_arkesh wrote on Sat, 15 April 2017 23:25
i have tried with EasySoft's MS SQLServer ODBC Driver and FreeTDS.. bothe resulting the same..
As far as ODBC drivers for MS SQL go, why a third party driver? Why not Microsoft's own, which is free and, I believe, installed in Windows by default.

Quote:
is there any drivers available for OTG to work in this case..

Could you pls share where from i can download OTG Drivers..
The OTG is the linkage between the oracle database (acting as a client to a non-oracle database) and the non-Oracle database. It is not, and does not, itself supply the ODBC or native driver.

If you are looking to download the OTG, what did you find when you googled "download oracle transparent gateway"
Previous Topic: Not seeing All Columns and Values of SQL Server Table
Next Topic: Oracle for Linux Access SQLserver Through dblink issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:51:34 CDT 2024