Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » client_ole2 Outlook format text (11g )
client_ole2 Outlook format text [message #664098] Tue, 04 July 2017 09:31 Go to next message
giorkos_s
Hi All,

I have the need to send emails using outlook, but with formatted text.

I have been sending emails in the past using client_ole2 but this time its required that we format the body of the message.
I have searched the forum, and the internet in general, and i have not found any other examples of body text formatting.

I have concluded (from some vba code ) that i have to specify the Bodyformat to be olFormatHTML and then specify the HTMLBody as my message text (using html tags).

however, I have not managed to make the connection from vba to Oracle forms client_ole2 usage.

I am sure i am only missing the code to assign the bodyformat of the email to HTML and then just assigning it the value I want.

IF someone could help with this I would be grateful !

Thank you,

George
Re: client_ole2 Outlook format text [message #664104 is a reply to message #664098] Tue, 04 July 2017 10:14 Go to previous message
giorkos_s
Hi All

Laughing Laughing

since my post on top here, just a few minutes ago, i found some other VBA code that i used in conjuction with what i had in hand.

it seems that just these 2 lines of code will accomplish what i want

client_ole2.set_property(hMailItem,'BodyFormat','olFormatHTML');
  client_ole2.set_property(hMailItem,'HTMLBody','<b>tesfsd</b><br><br><center> <h1><font color=red>I am in center </font></h1></center>');

If someone sees something wrong or a better way to accomplish this please post your solution !

Thanks,

George

/forum/fa/13572/0/

[mod-edit: image inserted into message body by bb]

[Updated on: Tue, 18 July 2017 19:13] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Create new record after validate list_item
Next Topic: Where are APPSTAND & TEMPLATE fmb located?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:22:38 CDT 2024