Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » Oracle database on OpenStack (Oracle)
Oracle database on OpenStack [message #666453] Mon, 06 November 2017 01:18 Go to next message
emmablisa
In our current project we are using Oracle RAC with shared storage on 2 node system. OS is Solaris11.3.

Our customer is now asking if we could deliver the application on Cloud (openstack).

We are currently looking into different scenarios and one of them is to create exact replica (if possible) on openstack i.e. to create two nodes in OpenStack KVM and to install Oracle RAC on shared storage.

Till now we have tried successfully to install Solaris11.3 on the KVMs but we are still not clear about the solution for shared storage.

My question is, can we create shared storage in openstack which could be used for Oracle RAC installation?

-------------------
--moderator update: moved from the Data Guard forum to a more suitable location

[Updated on: Mon, 06 November 2017 03:35] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle database on OpenStack [message #666457 is a reply to message #666453] Mon, 06 November 2017 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
I hadn't heard of OpenStack, so I put a search into Google for Oracle RAC OpenStack, and up came this:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/server-storage/openstack/linux/documentation/ha-guide-oracle-openstack-2296039.pdf
Whatdocs did you find? It seems that you have it the wrong way around. You install GI and get your cluster going first, then you create your OpenStack nodes in the cluster.
Re: Oracle database on OpenStack [message #676108 is a reply to message #666457] Tue, 14 May 2019 23:07 Go to previous message
trantuananh24hg
I hate OpenStack, this is a stupid VM platform if designed for Oracle general HA, especially RAC
Previous Topic: tnsproc to get from cics region to an oracle database on aix
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:49:23 CDT 2024