Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Unable to resolve reference - checkbox issue (Oracle Forms : 12c (12.2.1.4.0);Fusion Middleware: fmw_12.2.1.4.0 and O/S: Windows 10 pro 64 bit)
Unable to resolve reference - checkbox issue [message #680105] Tue, 21 April 2020 16:29 Go to next message
buggleboy007
I am facing a peculiar issue wherein on a form, there is a check box. I need to delete this check box and replace it with a new one.

So here's what I did:

a) commented the checkbox code where ever it is referenced in the form and it's underlying library.
b) compiled the library and then attached it to the form. Compiled the form and implemented it. No issues.Was able to open the form with no issues.
c) now deleted the check box (this check box is a database item) and then compiled it. Compiled the form and implemented it. No issues.
d)The minute I open the form I see a message that says:
FRM-40105: UNABLE to resolve reference to item SGNR.store_from_warehouse_ind.
I have searched for this field umpteen times in the form and it's underlying library. I see that they have all been commented by me. I am unable to fix this issue.

I googled too and all roads lead to Rome - most of the links suggest that I need to see if there is any reference to this field/checkbox and as I said it's commented.

What could be the issue?
Re: Unable to resolve reference - checkbox issue [message #680109 is a reply to message #680105] Wed, 22 April 2020 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
From memory search only looks in PL/SQL code in triggers and libraries.
It doesn't search property pallets.
So I assume it'll be in one of those somewhere.
I think you're just going to have to hunt it down the hard way.
Re: Unable to resolve reference - checkbox issue [message #680111 is a reply to message #680109] Wed, 22 April 2020 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Open the .FMB file in a text editor (yes, it'll look ugly) and search for "store_from_warehouse_ind" (or whatever you're searching for). If it is part of some SQL statement, it'll be readable. If not, you'll - at least - know that it is somewhere in the form itself.
Re: Unable to resolve reference - checkbox issue [message #680112 is a reply to message #680111] Wed, 22 April 2020 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buggleboy007
Littlefoot wrote on Wed, 22 April 2020 06:00
Open the .FMB file in a text editor (yes, it'll look ugly) and search for "store_from_warehouse_ind" (or whatever you're searching for). If it is part of some SQL statement, it'll be readable. If not, you'll - at least - know that it is somewhere in the form itself.
You mean to say open the .fmb file and when opened it should not be in binary format, after which run a search for the 'interested' string? If so, yes, this one and also what CookieMonster suggested to me are two things that will be done today. I will update this post once I have some results.
Re: Unable to resolve reference - checkbox issue [message #680126 is a reply to message #680112] Wed, 22 April 2020 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It will be in binary format, but text editor can search through it anyway (at least, my "Notepad++" can), as all queries are kind of "readable".
Re: Unable to resolve reference - checkbox issue [message #680127 is a reply to message #680126] Wed, 22 April 2020 15:10 Go to previous message
buggleboy007
Thanks Littlefoot and CookieMonster. This morning the problem resolved itself magically, in that the requirements were not clear. I once again clarified that with BA and she told me that all I have to do is just replace the name. I went through the requirements document and it was not worded this way (neither was the mock up). It always said 2 new check boxes. Wasted my 8 hours and a few minutes of both of you.

Regardless, both of your suggestion will be valuable should this happen in the future.

Thanks a lot.
Previous Topic: Navigate to next record of tabluar
Next Topic: How to get distinct record values after query in form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:26:55 CDT 2024