Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to view code for attached library? (Forms 11g )
How to view code for attached library? [message #681194] Wed, 24 June 2020 10:13 Go to next message
Pameta
I have procedure called to run the report and seems like server name is coded there. And procedure is in attached library. I like to view the code of the procedure and edit if necessary. How do I do it? I can not see in "Form Builder". Also where can I find it? and how to open it? Thanks.
Re: How to view code for attached library? [message #681202 is a reply to message #681194] Thu, 25 June 2020 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jury68000
I'm quite new to Forms, so if I write silly things I hope someone more experienced will correct me.
There is a variable called FORMS_PATH and it exists in %ORACLE_HOME%/forms/server/default.env file, Windows Registry (assuming you are on Windows, if not I do not remember where its on Linux/Unix) and Environment Variables in Windows. If I remember correctly path for compiled runtime libraries (*.plx) is in that default.env file and path for source code for the libraries (*.pll) is in one of the other locations, do not remember which one of those 2, so just check it out by yourself.
And if you want to change it, just open it in Forms Builder just as a 'normal' *.fmb module than change what you want, compile it and place it where plx binaries are (of course its possible that pll's and plx files are in the same location)

[Updated on: Thu, 25 June 2020 05:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to view code for attached library? [message #681203 is a reply to message #681202] Thu, 25 June 2020 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pameta
How do I compile and generate *.plx file?
Re: How to view code for attached library? [message #681204 is a reply to message #681203] Thu, 25 June 2020 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jury68000
Exactly the same as you compile fmb module.
I'm not at work right now and I do not have Forms Builder at home Wink but if I remember correctly first press Ctrl-T and then Ctrl-Shift-K (but I could be wrong with this, will verify it tomorrow)
Re: How to view code for attached library? [message #681205 is a reply to message #681204] Thu, 25 June 2020 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pameta
Thank you. So if I compile in Form builder server and then take .plx and put it in path on migrated server? will it attach to all the forms where library is called?
Re: How to view code for attached library? [message #681206 is a reply to message #681205] Thu, 25 June 2020 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jury68000
I do not understand what your "migrated server" is. Just put the new plx in the location where FORMS_PATH points to (backing up the current plx just in case Wink ) and then each Forms module which is run, will load up the new plx library.

[Updated on: Thu, 25 June 2020 12:27]

Re: How to view code for attached library? [message #681214 is a reply to message #681194] Fri, 26 June 2020 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pameta
Thank you. Basically we have created new development server and now having all configuration issues that we are trying to figure out.
So now we are passed that error but we changed WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT('http://servername_new:8888/webreports/' || vcFile,'_blank'); we only changed servername to new one and kept port number same and getting error http 404 error. Trying to understand what else do we need to change to make report display. Tried port "7777" but did not work. Where should I look now? Thanks
Re: How to view code for attached library? [message #681243 is a reply to message #681214] Mon, 29 June 2020 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pameta
Documenting in case anyone wants to know this.

We were able to figure out. There was Alias set in forms.conf file under OHS. Changed that pointing to new server and restarted OHS. and it's working now
Re: How to view code for attached library? [message #682125 is a reply to message #681194] Tue, 06 October 2020 05:18 Go to previous message
tusna
Hi! Hope that you fixed your probleme, in other case, to view the code is the same way to open an FMB files and double clic on the the unit programm to modify if you need.
About the server report name, you specify it's name on the nodle "Parameter", look for ReportServerName and with"F4" enter the name you want if it's passed as param in the procedure you used.
If the name is specified in the unit programm of the procedure, you have just to change the value of bind variable calling server report.
Hope this will helpful for you!

[Updated on: Tue, 06 October 2020 05:21]

Previous Topic: How to set value to visual attribute at runtime
Next Topic: Urdu character shows but in wrong sequence as i type it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:26:09 CDT 2024