Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » How to make user parameters work?
How to make user parameters work? [message #129140] Fri, 22 July 2005 02:27 Go to next message
serana
hi,
I'm new to use report6i tool, now I need to add some user parameters in one report, I have added them to user parameters list, and I have added them on parameters form, and then I added some query sentences, but I run it, these parameters didn't work,pls help me to find out the cause, thanks in advance.
Re: How to make user parameters work? [message #130013 is a reply to message #129140] Wed, 27 July 2005 12:17 Go to previous message
saadatahmad

hi,
If you'r new to reports, create a simple tabular report in report builder. The query is
SELECT * FROM emp
WHERE deptno = :P_DEPTNO
AND sal > :P_sal
AND comm > :P_comm

This will create 3 user parameters.
When you run the report, form will appear asking to give the values for parameters.
give here 30, 0 , 0 respectively.
You can create the user parameters first and then create the query using those parameters.
Note:
You don't need to add these parameters in the Parameter Form.
Also if you'r using a date as a parameter then you need to open the property of the parameter and assign the datatype property to DATE.
For charachter, the datatype should be CHARACTER and
for number, the datatype should be NUMBER.

Hop ethis will help.

Regards.
Previous Topic: Plz help me
Next Topic: when i run a report my "rdf" is not generated what can i do now?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 27 15:40:17 CDT 2024