Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » EUL tables used in discoverer for scheduling access
EUL tables used in discoverer for scheduling access [message #140117] Sat, 01 October 2005 02:51 Go to next message
sreevenu
Hi all,

What i need figure out is the EUL tables used in Discoverer 3.1 which would be used for granting scheduling access to user. This has to be done from the database. When a new user is created we grant acccess on the EUL tables so that the user can have scheduling access. For this to happen we want the list of specific EUL tables on which if access granted enables the user to schedule reports.

This can be done by creating a role in admin edition and then granting the role to the user. But this does not work!!! Explict grants on all the EUL tables that this role encapsulates must be given to the user from the EUL schema. But it has been noted that all the EUL tables that are under that role need not be given diorectly to the user, only a particlar set of them needs to be givn. One such table is EUL_VERSIONS which when granted to the user enables the scheduling access option to be enabled when he logs into user edition. But this alone does not guarantee the scheduling to work. For the scheduling to work access on some more tables is required.

Can anyone provide this list!!! Please get back to me at the earliest if any one has gone through this kinda requirement.

Thanks,
Gautam.
Re: EUL tables used in discoverer for scheduling access [message #141867 is a reply to message #140117] Wed, 12 October 2005 10:10 Go to previous message
skooman
Hi Gautam,

It has been some time since I've done this, so I hope I remember correctly. But I think it's just the required privileges (create procedure, table, view) that have to be granted to the user and not through a role, not the access to the EUL tables. And even that you can avoid by having one user to own all the results of the scheduled workbooks. Please see the administration documentation for details.

Regards,
Sabine
Previous Topic: Derived field using Dates???
Next Topic: Printing Report
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 07:38:15 CDT 2024