Home » Applications » Oracle Fusion Apps & E-Business Suite » EBS Implementation Queries
EBS Implementation Queries [message #174978] Wed, 31 May 2006 05:35 Go to next message
dushyant

Hi All

I have some implementation issues which need to be addressed

1. Company is doing onsite/offshore implementation to an overseas client. we are developing some custom forms, reports, workflows, interfaces. right now we dont have any software installed in our workstations like forms builder and reports builder etc. My Question is whether oracle EBS is bundled with these development tools along with it, since my client is having ebs already in place whether the offshore team can have remote access to these tools as we have access to their instances as well as their databases.

2. If development tools like forms builder and reports builder and work flow builder is installed at onsite server whether they can be accessed by offshore team.

Re: EBS Implementation Queries [message #175123 is a reply to message #174978] Wed, 31 May 2006 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
agostino_neto
The only thing I can say is that I worked (forms and reports) in the past directly on the server with telnet. I needed an X emulator.
As I remember, I was more comfortable when those products were installed on my PC.
Perhaps you should ask those questions to Oracle. Do not forget license problems for all those products.
Re: EBS Implementation Queries [message #176164 is a reply to message #174978] Wed, 07 June 2006 04:18 Go to previous message
konka_kiran

Hi,

Regarding the Forms Development.

1> You can also us XManager tool, To simulate the server desktop environment for any form development or compilation.

It is suggested that XManager should be used when there is a very little code change and compilation.

Or

2> Yo can Install the Oracle Form Developer.
Copy the Resource folder from Server $AU_TOP to the local folder say C:/ Folder, Copy the APPSTAND.fmb from the forms folder of $AU_TOP to the local resource folder c:/resource.

Change the FORMS60PATH register variable to refer to the c:/resource

3> Open the TEMPLATE.fmb form, save it as new form. and follow the development steps as advised in the Application-Developer guide.

4> This form should be able to be compiled locally, as resource folder path is set.

5> Copy the fmb to the same $AU_TOP using psftp or winscp tools

6> using the putty or xmanager compile the fmb and place the fmx into the required Application Top or custom appl directory, follow as told in application developer guide.

7> Refer the application developer guide , Application, Form, Function, Menu registration , Responsibility Creation and user access to the menu-function.

Regardsing, Reports.

1> Install the Oracle Reports Builder to the local machine, if the reports are of type Oracle Reports i.e. RDF files. else for other type of reports like Procedure Based it can be modified at the server level using TOAD or PL/SQL Developer.

2> Cop the reports from the resepetive $APPL_TOP/REPORTS Folder to local Machine, and modify the same and copy back to Server resepetive $APPL_TOP/REPORTS using psftp or winscp tools.

Note: Remember Before changing and forms, reports, or any objects take the backup of those and try for the changes in the development instance, test instance and then into the production instance.

Hope this gives the fair idea of the Oracle Apps Development Start-up tips.

Regards,
Kiran

Previous Topic: Value sets for fields in "Find Requsitions" window
Next Topic: Account Payable GAP..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 13:58:10 CDT 2024