Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » What was the Problem Listener not functing Porperly
What was the Problem Listener not functing Porperly [message #204782] Wed, 22 November 2006 02:07 Go to next message
sponguru_dba

Hi while aim starting listener iam getting this problem,can some body help regarding this issue

But Services in windows services showing listerner status as "started"

LSNRCTL> status
Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=server1.NTS.rethi.com)(P
ORT=1521)))
TNS-12541: TNS:no listener
TNS-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
TNS-00511: No listener
64-bit Windows Error: 61: Unknown error
Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC0)))
64-bit Windows Error: 2: No such file or directory

LSNRCTL> stop
Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=server1.NTS.rethi.com)(P
ORT=1521)))
64-bit Windows Error: 61: Unknown error
Connecting to (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC0)))
64-bit Windows Error: 2: No such file or directory

Thnaks in Advance
Sreenivas

[Updated on: Wed, 22 November 2006 02:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What was the Problem Listener not functing Porperly [message #204793 is a reply to message #204782] Wed, 22 November 2006 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi

check

go through below procedure

start>run>cmd

cmd>set oracle_sid="put_ur_db_name"

cmd>set TNS_ADMIN=Oracle-home/network/admin 

( where ur listener.ora file exists).

start>run>regedit 
-- go registry set [B]tnslnsr.exe[/B] path where exists.

IN registry set 
Field Value 
Name [B]OracleOraHomeTNSListener [/B]
Command TNSLSNR.exe 
Status L 
Description Related to Oracle products 

hope this helps
Taj.
Re: What was the Problem Listener not functing Porperly [message #204876 is a reply to message #204793] Wed, 22 November 2006 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sponguru_dba

Thanks Taj

I will Try,i hope this may help
Re: What was the Problem Listener not functing Porperly [message #403553 is a reply to message #204876] Sat, 16 May 2009 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ashutoshsharma
Taj where is this setting in registry for ORacle 11g DB?
Re: What was the Problem Listener not functing Porperly [message #444732 is a reply to message #204782] Tue, 23 February 2010 16:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
globalization_ahmed
Dear,

Configuring Environmental variable:
5) We have to configure few things before we proceed further. Let us start with environment variable, vista users will find the environmental variable under system properties->Advance system settings->Environmental variable. Check the path; edit the user variable name and variable value under variable value past the path of 'bin' directory. In my case the path was " C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_3\bin;". In addition to that edit system variable by creating 'ORACLE_HOME' and variable value if not exist. In my case I used value as 'C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_3'.
Listener troubleshooting:
6) If your listener is not running then follow the steps given below
a) Go to command prompt and type <lsnrctl status> followed by enter keyword. This will give the status on listener issues or problems.
b) Try to start listener by typing < lsnrctl start> and wait for the system to respond. Try to follow the message you get. Trouble shoot based on the message you get and in case if you get the message as TNS adaptor error, TNS missing, No listener or missing host or object then please continue reading...
c) Oracle Net Manager will be useful to troubleshoot the above issue see the image below fig1.0 (ONM will be typically located somewhere in oracle/network/admin). Click on listener and on the right side click on the 'listener location' and choose 'database services' and check out the contents for the following values starting from 'Global Database Name', 'Oracle Home Directory', 'SID'. In my case Global Database name: mohammed.AhmedMohamme-PC(mohammed is database name and AhmedMohamme-PC is the system name); Home Directory is that path that you have given in the environmental variable and in my case it was 'C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\db_3' and SID in my case was 'mohammed' but it again it depends what you gave your SID when you install the oracle. Try looking in TNS.ORA file.
d) If one want to ensure that the host address that is define in ONM is working then consider using ping command against that host address that is defined in ONM. For vista user go to command prompt-> cd window; type dir followed by enter to check whether it contains ping directory. Then type cd system32 then under the system32 directory type ping against the hostname to ensure it is working or not. If it is not working then consider changing the host name.
Re: What was the Problem Listener not functing Porperly [message #444934 is a reply to message #204782] Wed, 24 February 2010 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hkchital
>64-bit Windows Error: 2: No such file or directory

Print the contents of your LISTENER.ORA file.
Also, check to see if you have more than one LISTENER.ORA file on the server.

Hemant K Chitale
Re: What was the Problem Listener not functing Porperly [message #445023 is a reply to message #204782] Thu, 25 February 2010 05:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cookiemonster
You do realise this thread is from 2006?
I'd like to hope he's fixed it by now.
Re: What was the Problem Listener not functing Porperly [message #445044 is a reply to message #445023] Thu, 25 February 2010 07:09 Go to previous message
globalization_ahmed
hi!
If anybody google it, they will know the solution.
Previous Topic: Upgrade to 10g (10.2.0.1.0) from Oracle 8i (8.1.7.0)
Next Topic: LMT tablespace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 02 09:12:26 CDT 2024