Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » How to Open HTML file in same form with current items
How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #210766] Fri, 22 December 2006 04:38 Go to next message
anil_mk

Hi All,

I have been strucked into the problem, where i want to open the html file in Same Form with including the items which are there on the form in Forms 10g either in Release 1 or Release 2.
I gone throgh the PJC which is working but not displaying the html file,my html file is in turn calling some .gif files from remote location that is one of the reason.

Please find the attached form form u r reference, which i want like that(Which is Forms 6i).But Now i want in 10g.
If anyone know please tell me solution/Suggestion.

Thanks
Anil
  • Attachment: 1.gif
    (Size: 31.25KB, Downloaded 2240 times)
Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #212101 is a reply to message #210766] Wed, 03 January 2007 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
What is the error that you are getting? What is the behaviour of the Form when you run it in 10g?

David
Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #348516 is a reply to message #212101] Wed, 17 September 2008 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aisha83
hi Anil ,

i want to make like your form , where i want to open an html page in the form itself like the picture that u put it exactly ..

i want to make it in form 6i

i create a from, i create a push button inside the form then i write the following code :

WEB.SHOW_DOCUMENT('http://www.google.com','_blank');
but it didnt work and nothing happen ..

can u tell me the steps of creating this page (like the one that u have it )

Thanks in advance .. Smile

Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #348543 is a reply to message #210766] Wed, 17 September 2008 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajy_salim
Aisha!

In forms 6i, you can use an OCX object to navigate to an HTML page.
The following steps may help you in doing so:

1. in your form, insert an OCX element
  2. right-click on this object and click on "Insert Object"
  3. choose "Microsoft Web Browser" from the list. The object is now inserted.
  4. in forms menu bar, go to Programs --> Import OLE Library Interfaes.
  5. from the list, under OLE classes, choose Shell.Explorer.2 and under method packages, choose IWebBrowser2 then click OK. Now, a new package is added to your program units.
  6. in the appropriate trigger, write the following code:
    declare
      handlehtml ole2.obj_type;
    BEGIN
      synchronize;
      handlehtml := ole2.create_obj('Shell.Explorer.2');
      handlehtml := forms_ole.get_interface_pointer ('<block_name>.<ocx_name>');
      Shell_IWebBrowser2.NAVIGATE(handlehtml,'<URL>');
    END;

7. run your form, and fire the trigger where you have written the code, the page specified in <URL> will be displayed in the OCX element.

Enjoy!!

Rajy
Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #348787 is a reply to message #348516] Wed, 17 September 2008 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Please don't hijack other threads!

David
Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #348817 is a reply to message #210766] Thu, 18 September 2008 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajy_salim
Sorry, I just didn't get it! How are we hijacking other threads??
This still is in the same concept, but with difference in forms versions ...
Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #348824 is a reply to message #348817] Thu, 18 September 2008 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Sorry. Sincerest apologies. Wrong thread.

David
Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #348828 is a reply to message #210766] Thu, 18 September 2008 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajy_salim
No! Don't worry! No need to apology! It's ok.
Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #348897 is a reply to message #348828] Thu, 18 September 2008 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aisha83
Hi rajy .. thanks alot Surprised it works with me perfectly Cool

but one small problem , in the push button i choose the trigger (WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED) . when i run the form i have to click on the BUTTON twice to open the html page .. why twice not once ?

THANKS very much for your help ..
Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #348942 is a reply to message #210766] Thu, 18 September 2008 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajy_salim
Hi! You are welcome!!

Concerning the button, i have never had to click twice on a button to do its job, never faced this problem.

1. Do you have any other code in the same trigger? If so, you can put debugging messages and see if they appear when you click on the button for the first time.
  2. Did you try to use another trigger (WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE for example) to see if the code is wortking properly or not?

Try these points.
Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #349498 is a reply to message #348942] Mon, 22 September 2008 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aisha83
Hi rajy ..

i put a message inside the code in (when-button-pressed) but i got the same thing i have to double click it ..

i try the trigger ( WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE ) the page is refresh whenever the form is run which i dont want --

i want the page to be refresh when the user click on the button

i attach two screen shot of my form

1- i click on the button .

2- the second click the code got fired where i put a message to check - (that mean that the code run in the second click )

thanks in advace Smile
  • Attachment: web_show.JPG
    (Size: 44.00KB, Downloaded 1920 times)
Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #349500 is a reply to message #349498] Mon, 22 September 2008 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aisha83
this is the second screen shot relaed to point # 2

u'll see in the first picture the button is selected first then in the second click it work
  • Attachment: web_show2.JPG
    (Size: 42.10KB, Downloaded 1770 times)

[Updated on: Mon, 22 September 2008 01:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #349843 is a reply to message #349500] Tue, 23 September 2008 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aisha83
hi rajy

i think the problem is from the focus . i guess i solve it Smile

thankx very much
Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #349849 is a reply to message #210766] Tue, 23 September 2008 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajy_salim
I've never really faced a problem like that!
But it would be appreciated if you explain how you solved it...

Rajy

[Updated on: Tue, 23 September 2008 04:57]

Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #350064 is a reply to message #349849] Wed, 24 September 2008 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aisha83
hi rajy ..

first when i fire the form i click only once on the button . then if i go to the page (ocx object ) the focus will be on the ocx object not the button .. so when i click again on the button the first click is the foucs and the second one is to fire the the code which is in the button ...
so i have to write a code that everytime the focus should go to the button..

Smile
Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #350076 is a reply to message #210766] Wed, 24 September 2008 01:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajy_salim
Hi!

Im glad you solved your problem that way, but I think there's something else that caused it.
I made a screen exactly like yours (or at least like what you described) and I didn't face the problem. Everytime I click the button, the page is refreshed from the first time even if I go the the OCX element. I put go_item(<ocx>) in the button so the focus is in this ocx (The cursor blinks in the search item of Google), everytime I click the button. But even though, the code is fired from the first click.
I don't know if it could be a problem of version. I am using 6.0.8.21.

Rajy
Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #607311 is a reply to message #350076] Tue, 04 February 2014 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
informatica
Hi, I know that is a old post but it works for me. Now I need to know how to download the information from this web page http://contribuyente.seniat.gob.ve/getContribuyente/getrif?rif=J085006419 and copy to a data field of a form.

Thanks a lot and sorry by my bad english
Re: How to Open HTML file in same form with current items [message #668040 is a reply to message #210766] Thu, 01 February 2018 05:33 Go to previous message
hasanjawaid
How can we do the same thing in oracle forms 10g???????????????????

[Updated on: Thu, 01 February 2018 05:34]

Previous Topic: Using dual table in oracle form
Next Topic: when New Form Instance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:18:19 CDT 2024