Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » multi-directional synchronization (understanding how to use streams for multi-directional synchronization)
icon5.gif  multi-directional synchronization [message #273005] Mon, 08 October 2007 10:27 Go to next message
amonti
Hi all,

I'm trying to understand if Oracle streams can be useful to me:
I want to set up a DB server with many "client DB".
Every "client DB" should replicate locally only some of the records and the objects in the "server DB".
For example, the "server DB" holds the table employees, and the "client DB" number 4 must contain a table called employees which will contains only rows with department_id = 4.

The main problem is that these rows must be updateable in both database, and the synchronization must be bi-directional.

Synchronization must occour in real-time when possibille, or as soon as possible if some connection problems occour between the DBs (this shouldn't be a problem if I'll set up properly some conflict resolution rules, isn't it?).

Moreover, I want the "server DB" to propagate to the "client DB" number 4 only DML which concern rows with department_id = 4 (i.e. updates on rows which are changing their department_id code from 4 to something else, updates on rows which are changing their department_id code TO 4, and obviously all DML on rows which keep on having department_id= 4).

I also want to propagate datas referencing all the previous rows:
if a record in the table "employees" can have several child record in the table "employees_moreinfos", I want to propagate and synchronize all the child records, too, and I want to synchronizew ONLY the child records, not the whole table "employees_moreinfos".

This is a critical point, since I must use as little bandwidth as possible, so I don't want to propagate unnecessary data.

Now, the question is: can I do this with Oracle Streams?
If not, how can I do it?

Thanks for every suggestion!

andrea

Re: multi-directional synchronization [message #280595 is a reply to message #273005] Wed, 14 November 2007 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arju

Tell what you did and how you like to do it?
Re: multi-directional synchronization [message #280615 is a reply to message #273005] Wed, 14 November 2007 04:15 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:

can I do this with Oracle Streams?

Yes.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Replication using streams
Next Topic: Dequeuing from multiple queue by priority
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:13:02 CDT 2024