Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Heavy Logging due to Streams? (Oracle 10.2.0.3)
Heavy Logging due to Streams? [message #305721] Tue, 11 March 2008 13:35 Go to next message
sumang24

I implemented oracle streams in my dev database. It was working fine. The archive logs were getting created and a cleanup job was deleting them after a few hours.

I truned on supplemental logging on 5 tables and when we were running some SQLX reports the archive log directory was filled and the archiver was stuck the db was in a hung state.

My question is : Can turning on supplemetal logging be responsible for heavy logging. Why would logging be generated on read only activity ( running reports ).

We are using datafiles instaed of tempfiles for TEMP tablespace. Can this redo be generated due to sorting on the datafiles while running the report queries?

Is there any parameter that needs to be changed for streams install to control the logging.

Thank You
Samant
Re: Heavy Logging due to Streams? [message #305733 is a reply to message #305721] Tue, 11 March 2008 14:34 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Can turning on supplemetal logging be responsible for heavy logging.

Yes.

Quote:
Why would logging be generated on read only activity ( running reports ).

Maybe there were modification earlier and...

Quote:
We are using datafiles instaed of tempfiles for TEMP tablespace. Can this redo be generated due to sorting on the datafiles while running the report queries?

Yes much logging.

Quote:
Is there any parameter that needs to be changed for streams install to control the logging.

Restrict the supplemental logging to the minimum required.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: dequeue from AQ
Next Topic: Advanced Queueing: Asynchronous Notification callback not working for type AQ$_JMS_TEXT_MESSAGE.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:26:22 CDT 2024